Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What's Up Wednesday - Advent Calendar: Part 3

Hello Peeps!
It's Julie here for the final installment of the Advent Calendar tags I've been sharing with you.  If you didn't get a chance to see the previous tags, click here to check out Part 1 and Part 2. I've had such a good time making these tags and can't wait for December to start using them. 



Ready for the details?  Here we go...



Details:  Using the cute puppy from the Door set, I just had to add a Santa hat from the Christmas Mix It Up set.  I like how it looks like it is too big for him.  The sweet sentiment is from the Holiday Tags set.  Everything is colored in prisma pencil, and I used some liquid applique on the Santa hat to make it look furry. 




Details:  As I was looking through my supplies, I found a few stamps from our previous releases that I used on this tag.  Here is Sophie who comes with a present in her accessories (and a diagonal stripe - perfect for a candy cane border).  I also saw the Snapshot Framer had a Christmas sentiment.  I used it with  the "wishing you a" from the Christmas Mix It Up set.  Sophie's little dress is paper pieced with the same diagonal stripe used on the border strip and this paper is the source of this alternative Christmas color combo.  So cute!



 Details:  This tag started with a paper background and a tree from the Build a Scene set colored with Distress Markers.  I added some Christmas lights from the Holiday Add Ons set and used my white Souffle pen to color the lights for a bright white look.  Little Christmas clear set sentiment was the perfect saying, but wouldn't fit my tag.  My solution? I stamped it and cut the words out so I could place them to fit. Easy!



 Details:   The Build a Scene set makes another appearance here with a bare tree and deer in a peaceful snow setting.  I used the hill side stamp in Tumbled Glass (stamped off first) to create a snow bank.  The tree and the deer are stamped in Versafine Sepia brown and the snow and snowflakes are highlighted with stickles.



 Details:  One of my friends who just adores preparing her house for the holidays is always using "fa la la" as a verb!  She just loves to "fa la la".  One year, I made her a little goody to put on her refrigerator that says fa la la.  She loved it.  This tag is in honor of Vickie.  I used the festive pom pom decorations from the Happy Day set and added the fa la la with the Whimsical Alphabet letters, stamping them in Barn Door red and adding Barn Door stickles for a subtle shimmer.



 Details:  I really love the circle background from the Backgrounds Cling set.  I inked up a large tag with green and walnut distress inks and stamped the background in red.  I also stamped the Holiday Sparkle sentiment in red and dried it really well.  After die cutting the tag into a star, I added a coat of rock candy stickles to give that sugary sparkle ( I really can't get enough of rock candy!!!).



 Details: I was inspired by this layout online, but I altered it a little.  I love the layers of elements.  The papers are Memory Box and Basic Grey (love love love).  The silver glitter ribbon is a tape that I've cut to size. The stamps are from Flourish Fun 1 and Flourish Fun 2, as well as the bells from the Holiday Add Ons set. I stamped it on paper to color the bow, and on silver paper to have silver bells.  Then, they are coated in Glossy Accents to give them a pretty shine.  The sentiment comes from two sets again.  JOY from the Holiday Tags set and Liz Allen's sweet handwriting from the Wise Men set..




 Details: Here is a great  Vintage Santa stamped in Walnut ink with shades of red and green distress ink to color in the image with more walnut ink on the edges.  It's finished off with a quick glittery spray to give it a hint of sparkle.




 Details: And number 25 - the three Wise Men following the star.  I inked the tag in shades of darker blue distress inks and stamped the image in Chipped Sapphire and heat embossed with clear powder to give that intense night sky. The silhouette image of the wise men are colored with distress marker and Diamond Stickles added to the star.  This is mounted on a yellow gold metallic paper from my stash and popped off the background.  I think this one is beautiful in its simplicity. 


Here is one final look at them.  I have chosen a frame gifted to me by my friend Lily to showcase the tags for December.  Since I don't have a tree, I'm really looking forward to this new Christmas decoration in my house.




 I hope you enjoyed this Advent Tag series and found some inspiration for your holiday projects.  I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!


Thanks for looking!!

Julie








3 comments:

  1. I *love* this project, Julie! I am not sure which tag is my favorite. They sure look fabulous together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julie, your advent calendar came out just beautiful! Your tags are so colorful, and like Shay said, I'm not sure which is my favorite. I believe it is the little dog with the big floppy Santa hat. And I also love the frame unit on the whole. Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie! This is such a great idea. All of the tags turned out beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...